latest freetype package (22.214.171.124)
During MiniDebConf in Taiwan, I've heard about freetype package is not updated for a while. I'm not sure why freetype maintainers haven't update it but anyway I've made an updated package (freetype 126.96.36.199 - it has a feature "new Adobe CFF rasterizer", see Google's blog post and Adobe's).
freetype (188.8.131.52-0.1) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
* Non-maintainer upload.
* Now make it "multiple upstream source" style instead of "tar-in-tar".
New style makes it easier to check source code with search engine like
* use "3.0 (quilt)" in debian/source/format
- merge debian/patches-freetype and patches-ft2demos to debian/patches
- drop patches since merged to upstream
+ ft2demos-2.1.7-no-rpath.patch (cannot be applied)
- refresh patches
+ fix compiler warning in compiler_hardening_fixes.patch
* simplify debian/rules and separate some thing to debian/* files
- don't install GPLv2.TXT (not GPL.TXT)
- add "Build-Depends: libpng12-dev|libpng-dev"
* update debian/libfreetype6.symbols
You can get its source package by
$ dget http://www.mithril-linux.org/~henrich/debian/package/temp/freetype_184.108.40.206-0.1.dsc
and can get .deb package
$ wget http://www.mithril-linux.org/~henrich/debian/package/temp/libfreetype6_220.127.116.11-0.1_amd64.deb
I've tested it with sid in VirtualBox image and get no weird thing. Could you test it? After that, I'll post to BTS.